Saturday, March 26, 2011

Days two and three…

Have been pretty good – I’m feeling pretty good at the moment.

I’ve been really lucky that I’m self-employed and off-deadline, and that Hubby’s away at the moment so I have no responsibility and I’ve been able to just focus on making myself feel better. I think that’s really helped with how quickly I seem to be bouncing back from it all.

So on Friday, after the blog was posted, I got myself organised and went off to the movies. I downloaded a new book to Kindle, went to Manuka and had lunch before going to see The King’s Speech, which was such a beautiful story.

I got home, feeling tired but I really didn’t want to have a nap – I’m trying to re-establish good sleep patterns, so instead I found things to do.

The ANU has a thing called the Mood Gym – it uses Cognitive Behavioural theories to help you work through some issues in your thought process. My sister recommended it, so I worked through the first module. No insights so far, but I think it helped to know that I was working to help myself.]

Then I downloaded a guided meditation for my iPod. The first one was ridiculous – felt like I was being brainwashed. The second was great. After dinner, I then finished my boot bag – I was so happy with how it worked out.

So went to bed quite happy, and slept reasonably well. I woke up once, but went back to sleep pretty quickly.

Up at 6.30 – was still a bit dark, so hit the snooze a couple of times before I could go for a walk. Then went and voted, then got ready for the road-trip.

Tracey O’Hara and I drove up to the book-signing session at the Australian Romance Readers Convention. I won’t go into it because we’re doing a blog for the Voyager blog. I was a little concerned that if it wasn’t a positive experience I wouldn’t handle it well, but luckily it was great. I signed books – some were sold. Some of the books had been given out free to attendees and a few people came to tell me how much they loved them. So nice.

Home late, went straight to bed, slept well for four hours then on and off. I’m feeling a bit worn out this morning, so I’ll probably take it easy today. Bit of reading, bit of lazing around, bit of sunshine.

But yeah – am feeling MUCH better. Seems I might have done well in catching this so quickly and being able to work so effectively on it.

4 comments:

  1. good. How do you get hold of the Mood Gym, contact ANU?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep depression sucks. Takes time to get over it and the brain to sort itself out but you are evidently proactive in your own recovery.
    I remember how it feels, thinking of you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sharyn - it's online and free. Google Mood Gym and you should find it.

    Sue - thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. clarifylife may also help.
    Not exactly like moodgym but also an online self help tool.
    There is a comparison here
    http://www.clarifylife.com/moodgym.html

    Just remember, the process is ongoing. You have to stay vigilant.

    ReplyDelete